Hot Mango Chutney
Created By: Hamish Christall
- 3 large mangoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-strength green chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 250ml Gingras XO Apple Cider Vinegar
- 200g granulated sugar
- Slice the mangoes on either side of the flat stone. Cut away the skin and roughly chop the flesh, including the flesh clinging to the stones.
- Put the chopped mangoes in a large saucepan with all the remaining ingredients including the vinegar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes until the mangoes are very tender and the juices are thick and syrupy, removing the lid half way through. (If the juices are still very runny once the mangoes are tender, increase the heat a little, with the lid off, so the liquid can reduce.)
- Ladle into clean jars while still hot (wide-necked preserving jars, particularly those with metal lids or rubber seals and clip-top lids, are ideal).
Store for up to 2 months; once opened, refrigerate & use within 2 weeks.